Behaven Kids is the most unique and recognized mental health program in Nebraska, with over 20 years of experience in changing the lives of the children we serve. You will see first-hand our passion for helping children and families with therapeutic interventions, based on our behavioral health programs and services that have been developed, tailored, and researched by recognized specialists in building positive child behaviors.
ABA services are complemented with outpatient therapy services and a specialized day care program, designed to provide the best services a family needs to maximize each child’s potential for individual success. We achieve all these thanks to our passionate and committed team, that deliver high-quality services to our clients, in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
The Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) provides a safe and effective learning environment for children in accordance with the philosophy and mission of Behaven Kids.
- Responsible for direct therapy for children with autism using discrete trials to teach language, play social interaction, and self-help skills.
- Provides a safe, structured learning environment.
- Interacts with children in a professional, positive manner.
- Implements Behaven Kids model of care and curriculum.
- Implements treatment goals and objectives.
- Prepares updates and maintains documentation and children’s records.
- Identifies and develops treatment goals and objectives.
- Communicates treatment progress and concerns with parents, staff and supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least nineteen years of age.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in active environment and lift up to 50 lbs.
- High school diploma (Required).
- Certified Registered Behavior Technician in good standing with the BACB (Required).
- 3 years’ experience in a preschool or daycare setting (Required).
- Associate degree in early childhood education or related field (Preferred).
- Experience with children diagnosed with autism.
What we offer:
- Vibrant, collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- Diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Access to insightful CEUs and other professional development opportunities to never stop learning
- Supervision and team support on everyday challenges.
- Work-life balance
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) & 401(k) matching
- Paid time off and holidays
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time and covered expenses during RBT certification for up to two tests
- $16 - $20 per hour for guaranteed weekly hours - rates are increased after performance reviews
- Most of your time will be centered-based. Mileage is reimbursed in case of home-based services
This is more than a job, it’s a calling! This is an opportunity to foster curiosity, creativity, and compassion in children - all while helping them develop a lifelong love of learning.
Behaven Kids is growing! Our great work culture promotes a team of dedicated, innovative, and spirited individuals who are also looking to build a career. Please do NOT apply if you are NOT interested in generating impact to society, building on a positive workplace culture, and evolving in your career.
All salaries are commensurate with experience and include an attractive benefits package. Behaven Kids is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in its workforce. We encourage candidates that will help us live out this commitment to apply.
BK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, BK complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. BK also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
This job posting provides a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It does not represent a contract for employment and BK reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without notice.
When applying, please DO NOT include any of the following information with your job application: Social Security number; driver's license number or state-issued identification card number; financial account number, or credit or debit card number.