At Behaven Kids, it’s our mission to provide safe, high-quality mental health treatment and psychology services that change children's lives and ultimately change our future.
We strive to be an organization that others enthusiastically recommend to their friends, families, and colleagues – whether for treatment, training, counselor, or a career – based on our empathy, technical skill, and the support we give to one another and all those we serve
A successful Mental Health Technician | Therapist candidate should be ready to provide evidence-based care, counseling and empathic care that exceeds the expectations of the clients and communities we serve.
- Provide an average of 34 hours per week of direct patient care services (via a combination of intake evaluations, individual and group-based therapy programs) most of which will be scheduled in the afternoon and early evening hours during weekdays.
- Complete routine clinical documentation within 48 hours of service delivery and incident reports as soon as practical following reportable events.
- Address patient concerns.
- Ensure quality of care consistent with policies, procedures, and relevant accrediting bodies.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in active environment.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, social work or related field (Required).
- Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner (LMHP | PLMHP | LiMHP)
- Must hold the required mental health credentials and licensure as required by the state of residence.
What we offer:
- Vibrant, collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- Diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Access to insightful CEUs and other professional development opportunities to never stop learning.
- Supervision and team support on everyday challenges.
- Work-life balance.
- Sign-in bonus
- Competitive wages
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- Paid time off and holidays
- Pay incentives and referral programs
This is more than a job, it’s a calling! This is an opportunity to foster curiosity, creativity, and compassion in children - all while helping them develop a lifelong love of learning.
Behaven Kids is the most unique and recognized psychology and behavioral health program in Nebraska, with over 20 years of experience in changing the lives of the children we serve. At Behaven Kids, you will see first-hand our passion for helping children and families with therapeutic interventions, based on our programs and services that have been developed, tailored, and researched by recognized specialists in building positive child behaviors.
We offer three services that complement each other: ABA services, outpatient therapy services, and a specialized day care program, designed to provide the best services a family needs to maximize each child’s potential for individual success. We achieve all these thanks to our passionate and committed team, that deliver high-quality services to our clients, in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
All salaries are commensurate with experience and include an attractive benefits package. Behaven Kids is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in its workforce. We encourage candidates that will help us live out this commitment to apply.
BK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, BK complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. BK also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
This job posting provides a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It does not represent a contract for employment and BK reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without notice.
When applying, please DO NOT include any of the following information with your job application: Social Security number; driver's license number or state-issued identification card number; financial account number, or credit or debit card number.