At Behaven Kids, it’s our mission to provide safe, high-quality mental health treatment and psychology services that change children's lives and ultimately change our future.
We strive to be an organization that others enthusiastically recommend to their friends, families, and colleagues – whether for treatment, training, counselor, or a career – based on our empathy, technical skill, and the support we give to one another and all those we serve.
A successful Therapist Manager candidate should be passionate about improving the lives of children and families in the community while helping therapists develop their clinical skills and knowledge.
As the Mental Health Therapy Manager, you will supervise a team of therapists and technicians, ensure program compliance, and carry a small caseload of clients. Using your prior experience as a therapist and supervisor, you will help ensure clients receive the highest quality of care from Behaven Kids therapists.
We are seeking a professional candidate who is experienced, supportive, resourceful, creative, and organized. The Therapy Manager is responsible for the ongoing training and supervision of the clinical team members and will be a part of the growing Leadership Team.
- Ensure quality of care consistent with policies, procedures, and relevant accrediting bodies for the therapy team
- Provide individual supervision for therapists and ensure services are high quality, culturally sensitive, and follow best practice & evidence-based methods
- Case manager, assign cases and continually assess caseload size and staff availability
- Identify staff needs and coordinate appropriate training and CEU management
- Address concerns about employees, including discipline and corrective action plans
- Recruit, develop, and manage your team of therapists
- Evaluate ongoing needs, quality, and appropriateness of therapy services
- Generate necessary reports and documentation regarding department
- Monitor staff timesheets for hours worked to ensure KPIs are met consistently
- Review therapist’s progress notes, treatment plans, and monthly reports for quality and compliance purposes
- Complete the monthly client file review-five client files from the home site and then at the end of the quarter five client files from another Behaven site.
- Attend weekly coordinator meetings and assign new clients to therapy staff.
- Intern training and supervision, as needed.
- Maintain a caseload of 20-22 clients.
- Manage Exit Letter Spreadsheet to ensure all discharge reports are completed within the appropriate time frame
- Complete salary adjustment forms for therapy staff, as needed.
- Provide group therapy training and supervise the group specialist for psychoeducation
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Perform case management; Follows through on commitments.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Bachelor in psychology, social work or related field (Required).
- Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, social work or related field (Required).
- Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner (LIMHP).
- Must hold the required mental health credentials and licensure as required by the state of residence.
What we offer:
- Vibrant, collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- Diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Access to insightful CEUs and other professional development opportunities to never stop learning
- Supervision and team support on everyday challenges.
- Work-life balance
- Sign-in bonus
- Competitive wages
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- Paid time off and holidays
- Pay incentives and referral programs
This is more than a job, it’s a calling! This is an opportunity to foster curiosity, creativity, and compassion in children - all while helping them develop a lifelong love of learning.
Behaven Kids is the most unique and recognized psychology and behavioral health program in Nebraska, with over 20 years of experience in changing the lives of the children we serve. At Behaven Kids, you will see first-hand our passion for helping children and families with therapeutic interventions, based on our programs and services that have been developed, tailored, and researched by recognized specialists in building positive child behaviors.
We offer three services that complement each other: ABA services, outpatient therapy services, and a specialized day care program, designed to provide the best services a family needs to maximize each child’s potential for individual success. We achieve all these thanks to our passionate and committed team, that deliver high-quality services to our clients, in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
All salaries are commensurate with experience and include an attractive benefits package. Behaven Kids is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in its workforce. We encourage candidates that will help us live out this commitment to apply.
BK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, BK complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. BK also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
This job posting provides a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It does not represent a contract for employment and BK reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without notice.
When applying, please DO NOT include any of the following information with your job application: Social Security number; driver's license number or state-issued identification card number; financial account number, or credit or debit card number.